User experience tutorial: Fitts’s Law | lynda.com
This user experience tutorial explains Fitts’s Law—that it’s faster to hit larger and closer targets—and how it impacts web design. Watch more at http://www.lynda.com/Web-User-Experience-tutorials/User-Experience-Fundamentals-Web-Design/103677-2.html?utm_medium=viral&utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=videoupload-web-95RoKSFyQ_k.
This tutorial is a single movie from the User Experience Fundamentals for Web Design course presented by lynda.com author Chris Nodder. The complete course is 1 hour and 46 minutes long and shows how to apply some simple interaction design principles to your site and make it respond better to your audience’s needs
1. What Makes a Good Web User Experience?
2. Don’t Get In the Way of the Information
4. Site Layout
5. Writing for the Web
7. Category and Landing Pages
8. Detail and Product Pages
10. Using Media to Help Tell Your Story
11. Balancing Adverts and Content
12. Summary: Good Design Practice